All anglers must have a fishing licence to fish tidal waters in BC. Children under the age of 16 are free but must still obtain a licence.
A Tidal Waters Sport Fishing Licence:
- is required to fish for any species of finfish or shellfish.
- is not transferable.
- does not need to be signed by the licence holder.
- can be obtained in person; a parent may obtain a licence for a child under age 16; and a licence can be obtained for a spouse.
- must be produced on request by a fishery officer, conservation officer or fishery guardian, so ensure you have your licence with you while fishing or transporting your catch.
- When you purchase your licence online, you must print it and carry it while fishing so that you can immediately record your Chinook, ling cod or halibut catch on the licence in ink.
- Annual licences are valid from date shown on the licence to the following March 31. Licences of a shorter duration expire at midnight on the final day of validity.
- It is illegal to hold more than one licence.
Please visit the links provided for more information or to obtain a fishing license for all those that plan on fishing.
APPLY IN PERSON – CAMPBELL RIVER
Don’t delay! Contact us for more information and to book your adventure of a lifetime!